01 June 2009

Homemade Tobasco sauce

I got given this recipe by Kat on the weekend, we were up in auckland to party for my birthday with Sam and Abby, (who showed us a bloody good time), and see morbid angel on the saturday night, who were awesome, i even sneaked backstage after the show and managed to shake David Vincents hand, until Gareth from RW Entertainment saw me and kicked me out!

Her sauce tasted awesome on our fry-up breakfast, so i had to get the recipe. i haven't tried it myself yet, i will this weekend!

UPDATE - 7/6/09 - I made two batches today, as this recipe only makes about 250ml.
It came out really tasty, i did make a couple of changes, I added 1/2 t of smoked paprika and 2 red capsicums

  • 12 large chillis
  • 1 large clove garlic
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 tspn salt
  • 1/2 tspn sugar

1. Boil chilli and garlic in vinegar until tender.

2. Puree with salt and sugar, run through sieve if necessary.

3. Dilute with more vinegar until consistency of think cream is obtained.

4. Bring back to boil.

5. Bottle in hot sterilised jars.

easy as! she used jalapeno peppers, i might try it with serranos to get it really hot

No comments:

Post a Comment